Shoolini Temple Shimla Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Shoolini Temple Shimla Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 62 reviews
Shoolini Temple Shimla Address: Jaunaji Rd, Solan, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, 173212, India
Nestled in the heart of Solan, Shoolini Temple is one of the most popular shrines of the town that offers holy and spiritual vibes to the devotees of Shoolini Mata, who is believed to be an incarnation of Goddess Durga. One of the famous sightseeing places in Shimla, the iconic site is dedicated to the Hindu community in India and has been attracting thousands of tourists from all around the world.
Surrounded by a mesmerizing view of the breathtaking landscapes, the picturesque setting of the temple allows you to disconnect yourself from the metro life for some time. Located at a distance of 2.2 km from the city centre, this holiest shrine creates a magical environment for both experience seekers and worship lovers. It is undoubtedly a must-visit attraction of Shimla tour.
Thousands of people flock to this religious place to offer their prayers to the presiding deity throughout the year. The temple hosts an annual fair in the last week of June every year. At this time, it is exquisitely decorated with vibrant lights and looks awe-inspiring in the night. The idol of Maa Shoolini is carried in a palki and a grand pooja is also organized.
Other highlights of this Shoolini utsav include singing, dancing and wrestling. During the fair, the region also becomes a central point of attraction for general merchants, traders, sweet sellers and shopkeepers from the neighbouring town.
Places to Visit near Shoolini Temple, Shimla
The moment you think of visiting Shoolini Temple on your Shimla tour, you will be filled with positivity. It is the finest place to get rid of negative energy. However, after seeking the blessing of Goddess, you can explore the other attractions which are near to Shoolini Temple. Few of them are as follows:
· Jawahar Park – Spend some relaxing time at a well-maintained park in Solan. The Jawahar Park is an excellent place for families and has several rides and fountains for endless entertainment. You can also take your children to a small zoo to teach them about different animals.
· Mohan Shakti Heritage Park – Want to go back in the past and look at the ancient villages? The Mohan Shakti Heritage Park is the right destination. Nestled half an hour drive away from Solan, the park lets you overlook the landscapes of peaks, catch a glimpse of archeological sites and indulge in bird watching.
· Gilbert Trail – Ideal for honeymooners and couples, the Gilbert Trail is a calm and peaceful place to enjoy a walking trail in the evening. It features a romantic sunset view and is very close to nature. Here you can sit for hours and admire the views without worrying about the day-to-day chores.
· Darlaghat – Witness the cascading mountains and enchanting views on your way to Darlaghat. Positioned at an altitude of 1800 meters, the Darlaghat is a wildlife sanctuary that houses plenty of species such as barking deer, black bear, leopards and Sambars.
Other points of interest include Monkey Point, Jatoli Shiv Temple, The Dagshai Jail Museum, Dolanji Bon Monastery and Anand Cinema.
Image Gallery of Shoolini Temple Shimla
Entry Fee and Timings of Shoolini Temple, Shimla
There is no entry fee to visit Shoolini Temple in Shimla. It welcomes its devotees from 7 am to 6 pm in the evening on all the days of the week.
Travelers Tips for Shoolini Temple, Shimla
- Follow the Hindu rituals while entering the temple premises.
- Make sure to leave your footwear outside the temple.
How to Reach Shoolini Temple, Shimla?
Located at a distance of 43 km to the south of Shimla, Shoolini Temple is well-connected to the city via road and offers several modes of transport such as cab, taxi and train.
By Road: The HRTC department operates various buses from Shimla to Solan for the convenience of tourists of all kinds. You can also board a private bus to get down to Solan. Solan Bus Stand is only a 10-minute walk from Shoolini Temple, hence you don’t need to look for a local transport.
By Train: The nearest station to Shoolini Temple is Solan Railway station, which is 1.5 km away. Enjoy a Kalka Shimla Toy Train ride from Kalka Railway Station and reach your destination in approximately 3 hours. From there, you can look for an auto-rickshaw or taxi.
If you’re looking to experience a perfect time of your life exploring the various attractions on a Shimla tour, book an all-inclusive Shimla tour package with us. We at Shimla Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, carefully design the travel packages, keeping our clients’ requirements in mind. Our team of experts helps you plan a short or a long city break at pocket-friendly prices. What else do you need? To know more about our services, reach us out by filling your details in the Contact Us form. We will get back to you shortly.