Lakkar Bazar Shimla Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Lakkar Bazar Shimla Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 75 reviews
Lakkar Bazar Shimla Address: Mall RdLakkar Bazaar Road, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, 171001, India
Shop until you drop when you are at Lakkar Bazar! Situated next to the Mall Road, Lakkar Bazar offers a delightful experience to all those who are interested in buying wooden decorative items on their Shimla tour. It is a common spot for locals to spend some leisure evenings and has become a go-to place for shopaholics.
One of the most popular places to visit in Shimla, Lakkar Bazar is home to numerous shops that are specialized in selling an array of antique works along with woollen garments, pashmina shawls, Himachali handicrafts and artificial jewellery.
Although the roads are narrow and sometimes, over-crowded with tourists, there is something magical about the street. The beautifully crafted walking sticks are quite famous here and you can also browse through the key chains, spoons, pots, candle stands and other stuff.
Do not forget to experience their traditional culture via their food; there are several eateries to satisfy your hunger pangs with lip-smacking momos and delicious chaat. The market also features an ice skating rink and an old cinema hall for your enjoyment. Tourists can also enjoy their accommodation in the nearby hotel to make the most of their visit.
Things to do around Lakkar Bazar, Shimla
Wondering where to go after you are done with shopping at Lakkar Bazar? Well, the Queen of Hill Station boasts of a number of attractions that can be explored in and around the bazaar. The top 5 places to visit in Shimla are:
1. Jakhoo Hill – Surrounded by alpine trees and Shivalik hill ranges, the Jakhoo Hill is the highest point where you can enjoy the beautiful views of sunrise and sunset with an adventurous trek. Make sure to take the blessings of Lord Hanuman at Jakhoo Temple, which is nestled at the top of the hill. It is only 0.2 km away from Lakkar Bazar.
2. The Ridge – Relax and rejuvenate in a laid-back atmosphere at The Ridge. A fantastic base to roam around, the Ridge keeps you occupied throughout the day with a wide variety of activities. Here you can try your hand at horse riding, get photographed in Himachali attire or simply choose to soak in the beauty. It is just 0.6 km away from Lakkar Bazar.
3. The Mall Road– Another place to do some serious or window shopping in Shimla is the Mall Road. Perfect for tourists of all ages, the Mall Road is lined up with several fine-dining restaurants, cute little cafes, bakeries, bars and clubs. In addition, there are lots of shops to get souvenirs at pocket-friendly prices. It is just 0.6 km away from Lakkar Bazar.
4. Christ Church – Take a break from the monotony of everyday life at Christ Church. Also known as the landmark of the hill station, Christ Church was constructed in 1857 in the neo-gothic style and is the second oldest church in north India. It is just 0.9 km away from Lakkar Bazar.
5. Kali Bari Temple – Dedicated to the Hindu community, the Kali Bari Temple is a well-maintained temple where you can offer your prayers to Maa Kali, who is believed to be an incarnation of Shyamala Mata. Widely famous for its significance, the temple draws tourists from everywhere due to its holy vibes, charm and aura, making it a positive place for religious lovers. It is just 1.4 km away from Lakkar Bazar.
Image Gallery of Lakkar Bazar Shimla
Entry Fee and Timings of Lakkar Bazar, Shimla
There is no entry fee to visit Lakkar Bazar in Shimla. It is open for its visitors from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM on all days of the week.
How to Reach Lakkar Bazar, Shimla?
By Air: Jubbarhatti Airport, which is 22 km drive away, is the nearest airport to reach Shimla in the least possible time. It is well-served by various flights from the metro cities of India. However, there are times when Shimla airport is not functional. At that time, you can also fly to Chandigarh International Airport or Delhi Airport. From there, people prefer to book a taxi or a cab from one of the top car rental companies in Shimla to commute within the hill station.
By Train: Enjoy a railway journey to Kalka Railway Station, which links the town to neighbouring stations such as Delhi and Calcutta. After arriving at Kalka station, one can choose to travel via Kalka-Shimla Toy Train that offers a pleasant experience while passing through 102 tunnels. The toy train takes nearly 5-6 hours to cover the total distance of 96 km.
By Road: Shimla maintains good transport connectivity by road. There are several private and state-owned buses that operate frequently from Dehradun, Jaipur, Haryana, Punjab, Uttaranchal and Uttar Pradesh to Shimla and vice-versa. Other than that, luxury coaches with AC/non-AC facilities are also available for your comfort. You can also opt to take your own vehicle to witness the beauty of the city on your way. However, the roads are not that smooth, so one should be very careful while driving!
Have the best time of your life while exploring the popular tourist attractions in Shimla with us. We at Shimla Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, carefully design the Shimla tour packages keeping everyone’s holiday duration, budget and other needs in mind. You can also take the assistance of our experts to plan a trip for one or two days. Please fill the Contact Us form to know more!