Mall Road Shimla Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Mall Road Shimla Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 61 reviews
Mall Road Shimla Address: Mall Rd, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, 171001, India
Whether you’re planning to enjoy a short city break or wish to escape away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, the Mall Road of Shimla can be the right tourist place to visit.
Situated in the heart of the city, the Mall Road is a major source of entertainment for tourists of all ages and has become a common place for locals to hang out in the evening. It offers more of a laid-back atmosphere to overlook the excellent views of nature while enjoying a cup of your coffee. Here you’ll find a unique combination of traditional culture with majestic mountains, vibrant history, serene waterfalls and adventurous sports.
Perfect for both couples and families alike, the Shimla Mall Road is home to several fine-dining restaurants, bars, clubs, and shops. Enjoy shopping at the local market, which specializes in offering handicraft products with Pashmina shawls and Tibetan carpets or stop at your favorite eatery to satisfy your appetite with lip-smacking delicacies. You can also choose to unwind and pamper yourself at one of the recreation centres in Shimla – this place has got something for everyone.
What to do at Mall Road?
With so much to explore under one roof, it might get difficult what to choose and what not. So, here we have compiled a list of selected things to do in and around the Mall Road -
1. Enjoy the Sunset at the Scandal Point: There is nothing like overlooking the romantic sunset view in the evening, right? Well, Scandal Point is the place where you can relax while soaking the mesmerizing Himalayas. It is just a short stroll away from the Ridge and is a perfect place to capture some of the unforgettable memories with your friends or family. Here you can also choose to explore the local restaurants in your free time.
2. Seek Blessings at the Kali Bari Temple: Don’t forget to visit this place when you are in Shimla. Built in 1845 at the Jakhu Hill, the Kali Bari Temple is dedicated to Goddess Kali and is an ancient temple of Shamla Mata. Nestled amidst the lush greenery of Shimla, it offers excellent views of the nature.
3. Visit the Town Hall: If you are a history buff and want to know more about the surrounding architecture, head to the Town Hall. Being one of the oldest constructions in the town, the building has a grand entrance and is a great place to spend some quality time during the day.
4. Spend an Evening at the Gaiety Theater: Widely popular for organizing social gatherings in and around the place, the Gaiety Theater attracts both locals as well as tourists and is situated in the centre of the Mall Road. It is a famous landmark of Shimla. Many people visit this spot to enjoy their fun-filled evening. Several schools also host their cultural events here, to promote the overall value of art and culture in Himachal Pradesh.
5. Trek to the Top of Jakhu Temple: Make sure to take some time out for trekking to the top of Jakhu Temple. Located at the highest peak in Shimla, the Jakhu Temple is considered one of the best hills to try your hand at trekking. Though it can be a bit difficult to trek under the shade of bright sun, rainy and cloudy days can make it the most enjoyable activity of the trip.
6. Get Adventurous with Horse Riding: For those who are interested in adding a bit of more excitement to their Shimla trip, Horse riding can be the right thing to do. It brings adventure to your life and makes you feel good from the inside. You can enjoy a drive to The Ridge or to the Kufri Zoo to make the most of your trip!
7. Shop at the Mall Road: Your trip to Shimla won’t be complete without bringing some souvenirs back home. From high-quality woollen clothes to warm socks, mufflers, shawls, caps, and gloves, here you will find everything that you need to look amazing in winter. Mall Road is also a great place for those interested in buying Tibetan handicraft items and jewelry. You can also enjoy visiting the Tibetan Market, Hong Kong Market, Thai Market, New NAC Market and Shangri La Shopping Complex for a wide range of goodies.
Image Gallery of Mall Road Shimla
Entry Fee and Timings of Mall Road, Shimla
There is no entry fee to visit the Mall Road. It is open from 9:00 am in the morning to 9:00 pm in the night on all days of the week.
Best Time to Visit Mall Road, Shimla
Although, one can explore the streets of Mall Road at any time of the day, visiting it in the evening can add more value to your trip. You will feel relaxed in a calm and tranquil atmosphere – with a cool breeze blowing over the mountain tops.
It’s a great place to enjoy a fun-filled and comfortable evening with your friends and you will be surprised to see how the time passes here.
Don’t forget to bring a light-weight sweater, shawl or a jacket with you as the weather may get too cold by the time you wish to return home.
How to Reach Mall Road, Shimla
An added advantage of this tourist spot in Shimla is its well-connectivity to all parts of the city. If you’re staying in the heart of the town, you can enjoy a few minutes’ walk to reach the Mall Road. However, if you’re staying away from the central location, it is always good to hire a private taxi or a local cab to get there. You can also choose to travel via your own vehicle.
Please note that the entry of the vehicles is prohibited on the main road, hence the best way to explore the area is on foot. For your convenience, the Himachal Tourism Develop Corporation operates a lift that takes you to the upper roads of the Mall road from the main road. The Mall Road is just 1 km away from Shimla old bus stand and 1.5 km drive from the nearest railway station.
The Last Words
Whether you’re visiting Shimla for a business meeting or to roam around like a local, be sure to visit Mall Road at least once in a lifetime. It is certainly the best tourist place to explore in the town.